UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (46) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 748856  
Subject: Re: Epi-Genetics - Not a Slave To Your Genetics Date: 9/21/2011 10:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
There is something else going on here. Something very deep and complex that comes from deep within the person and it has to do with how they are hard wired. DNA, biochemistry, hormones, neurons, synapses, etc.

Art

I read the article you posted and I certainly don't discount that genetics can presuppose someone towards liking 'bad' foods more than 'good' foods, thus causing weight gain.

As I stated earlier there are a lot of things that can cause someone to gain weight and keep it on. I believe the main cause is your environment which includes, your upbringing, the crappy foods kids and teens eat as part of their social gatherings, family social gatherings of large quantities of food/adult beverages/sugar drenched deserts and Holiday foods.

For most of us working stiffs, you have a constant influx of bad foods people bring in or the company provides to tempt workers. Donuts and bagels in the morning. Candy dishes everywhere. Lunch buffets. Vending machines filled with refined flour and refined sugar products. It's endless and you have to have major discpline to avoid, regardless of your genes.

Rarely do people bring in fresh fruit or veggies. It's always cake and icecream for BD parties. I just don't do it. And it's actually easy for me. I bring my 'live' foods to work and munch on them. Despite being a chocoholic in my past, you can now put a slice of German Chocolate cake in front of me after not eating for 4 hours and there is no temptation for me.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I've lived in gyms, read numerous books, articles, websites etc.. on health/fitness, probably in the thousands. There are ten's of thousands of testimonies from people that have changed there lifestyles and thus, their health. They don't get sick much and they will live long, prosperous lives without diabetes and cancer. They can stand up and see their feet. They feel good and they don't want to ever go back to being fat and unhealthy.

And no, they don't have a constant starving censation. Once you learn to replace addictive foods with living, whole foods, after a month or so, the temptations go away and you don't need the junk anymore. You discover that the empty feeling in your stomach is not hunger but a natural 'good' feeling because you are eating 'live' foods that pass through your system quickly. You feel light, energetic. You feel good!

Once you get the diet corrected, then you discover you don't have to work out 2 hours a day to look lean.

I work out 15 minutes a day (6 days a week) using the following program www.maxt3.com. It's 15 minutes of intense exercise but with the setup, warmup, exercises and then cool down, I'm done in less than 30 minutes.

decath
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (46) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement