Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
There were changes to the child tax credit for 2001 that made lots more people eligible for a refundable additional child tax credit. I suggest you print out the applicable form and double check it. (It sounds like you may have already done this.) If it looks good, don't spend it all in one place.

Thanks for the advice Phil. I've checked and rechecked this. I even did the form manaully. Checked the IRS website rules and regs and I have found nothing that says I can't do this.

I guess it's good. Still seems strange though.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.