Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
These transactions require an intermediary. Your best bet is to find someone in your area who handles them. A commercial real estate broker could probably give you some names.

Great advice. Title companies usually have had experience with this type of transaction. They usually know the real estate law on this, but make sure a knowledgeable tax person is involved too so you know you've followed the letter of the tax law.

Best wishes

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.