Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (64) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Re: Marriage Penalty Returns Date: 1/21/2013 10:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
These were exactly the type of issues I was trying to learn in my inquiry, my exploration of the possibility of legally establishing residency in VA while DH and Youngest stayed in PA. I know that I can legally establish VA residency, and in fact we are heading there when Youngest graduates, but would it be enough to accomplish my goal of getting Youngest eligible for VA residency in the eyes of a VA state school.

I did lay out the requirements for you. You even thanked me for the info.

Instead of a thread exploring this out of the box approach, it became a thread of my defending myself from slams re something I had never said nor had any intention of doing, all because of assumptions rather than asking for clarification.

Please point to one post I made on the thread that slammed you. Your lack of followup will indicate that I didn't say anything of such a nature.

my post in no way stated that I would not be living there as a true resident. Perhaps I should not assume that those on TMF are capable of a middle school level reading comprehension.

"I would commute back and forth to PA and probably not get a job beyond continuing to work on our place."

One can speculate from the above statement that you were going to spend a significant amount of time at your current home, not VA.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (64) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement