UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 885542  
Subject: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 12:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
These won't be popular here.

I can't believe anyone not starving on a desert island would pay these prices for a hamburger, but then I'm still saving up for my first yacht.

The bill's a whopper: The world's ten most expensive burgers… and eight of them are American

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213334/The-expensiv...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867803 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Absolutely Ridiculous Burger

185 pounds? It is the world's largest hamburger, but it likely inedible.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867804 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 12:54 PM
Not one of those looked or sounded appetizing. I think even if I had the connections to try one for free (or won it as a prize) I would turn it down.

I'll stick with my bison burgers at Ted's Montana Grill.

Lara Amber

Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867806 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 1:08 PM
Oh man, I thought the 60+ dollar one in San Francisco was bad!

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867808 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 2:01 PM
Two of those are a waste of good lobster.

The only one that looked edible was number 10. It appears it only made the list because of the champagne and caviar. (I went to the pub menu to find out about the side of caviar.)

But I suppose they serve their point. People come to the restaurant to ask about the burger, or try to eat one, so they bring in customers.

And I seem to remember one case where a restaurant created a ridiculously expensive burger that was on the menu for a month or so, but all the money that came from sales of the burger went to some charity or other, so at least that one made sense.

And it'a probably just me, but when I looked at number 8 my first thought was "why do they have a mouse stuffed inside the burger?" I realize it's the short ribs they use for stuffing, but it still looks like a mouse.

Nancy
I've eaten very expensive meals, but when I go to an expensive restaurant I don't order hamburgers.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867810 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 2:51 PM

If it's inedible is it really a burger at all?

Author: spl241 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867813 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 4:41 PM
Recommendations: 3
The best burger I ever had came from a little, boxy food trailer with a hand-painted "Just Burgers" on it. There were 3 guys working this thing. You could watch them with latex gloves on feeding chunks of beef into a commercial grinder and hand-shaping the patties. Their best-seller was 2 patties with cheese in the middle. That's what I had. Sometimes you had to wait a few minutes, but you knew you were eating a just-made burger. Absolutely splendiferous....IIRC, $3.50 and well worth it.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867814 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 5:37 PM
The best burger I ever had comes off our grill at home since we switched to freshly ground, local 80% lean grass-fed beef.

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867815 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 5:58 PM
My husband says that the best burgers are the ones I make myself.
It all depends on the quality of the meat.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867816 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 6:06 PM

If it's inedible is it really a burger at all?

There is a line between being the item advertised and being of sufficient quality to be palatable.

It is technically a hamburger because it is (at least partially) cooked meat in a bun. There is nothing about it that looks appetizing, and given the sheer quantity of meat, I can't see how it could be properly cooked.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867817 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 6:24 PM
The best burger I ever had came from a little, boxy food trailer with a hand-painted "Just Burgers" on it. ... Sometimes you had to wait a few minutes, but you knew you were eating a just-made burger.

That's the best kind and unfortunately the hardest to find.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
-- John Ruskin –

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867818 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/5/2012 10:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
It's pretty hard to beat a burger from Five Guys. It's good enough for Obama. Suits me.

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867820 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 8:43 AM
We have a Five Guys two blocks away. We've been there twice.
Two burgers and a small order of fries came to over $15. It seemed a bit pricey.

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867828 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 3:24 PM
It seemed a bit pricey.

If you are looking for economy, its hard to beat a buy one/get one free coupon at Burger King. $3.65 will get you two Whoppers here.

Five Guys has small and large burgers. A small order of fries (fresh made from raw potatoes) is large enough to feed two or three.

Yes, a large burger with fries and a coke often goes for $12. But its a quality meal, that is hard to beat.

$7 hamburgers are now common many places. (And the drought means prices are only going up.)

Author: spl241 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867829 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 4:11 PM
Yes, a large burger with fries and a coke often goes for $12. But its a quality meal that is hard to beat.

I'd call that an unhealthy 12-buck hosing.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867830 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 5:52 PM
Yes, a large burger with fries and a coke often goes for $12. But its a quality meal that is hard to beat.

I'd call that an unhealthy 12-buck hosing.

I think the poster means "quality" for what the meal is, and not that one should be eating a burger and fries for every meal.

Even my cardiologist says "you need to have dessert like a slice of pie once in awhile, life's too short not to".

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867832 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 6:31 PM
The next time one of my kids complains about us not being a rich family, I'll just remind them that rich people have to eat fois gras, truffles, gruyere cheese, and BBQ sauce that tastes like coffee.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867834 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 6:51 PM
The next time one of my kids complains about us not being a rich family, I'll just remind them that rich people have to eat fois gras, truffles, gruyere cheese, and BBQ sauce that tastes like coffee.

Hee hee, that'll shut'em up. At least until they see chocolate truffles in the local candy store.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_truffle

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867835 of 885542
Subject: Re: These won't be popular here. Date: 10/6/2012 9:50 PM
they were pretty ugly sandwiches.......

how about a melted cheese sandwich with a big bag of Ruffles? Simple but oh so satisfying....and some Diet Coke to wash it down, of course!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement