Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: pokerden One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 31  
Subject: Re: Halozyme Therapeutics, what's its future? Date: 12/12/2006 10:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
They are all links to hidden gems...if you don't mind cross posting here that would be nice. I only have a rulebreaker subscription right now...

He is a pretty sharp guy, some of his older business associates have described him as ruthless. I think its a matter of which side of the deal you are on with him :) For him business is fun, so its not work...he has far more money than he will ever need (radford is not an expensive place to live). He is a very energetic big picture type guy.

I had bought small positions in Novi and Scios both had been profitable...so with NRPH I took a larger stake than normal in the teens and 20's pre-split. Worked out well...then noticed one day, his stake in HTI...I think I researched HTI all of 15 minutes before I bought a couple of thousand shares.

If you look at HTI Enhanze, you will see it has a lot of similarities to NRPH's Carrierwave Technology. Basically both are platforms for drug delivery. Carrierwave seeks to minimize abuse by essentially making the drug inert until a stomach enzyme can carve off a molecule so that the original drug is released. It can be applied to a multitude of drugs.

This is the same with Enhanze...you are using a platform to deliver well researched drugs. But with enhanze you are providing greater bioavailability at localized sites.

You have the following advantages:
-Delivery of Drugs that have already received FDA approval
-Potentially shortened FDA approval (see NRPH 104)
-Less liability as the risks of the drugs have already been determine.
The above is true for both Enhanze and Carrierwave...but Enhanze also has the following advantage:
-The ability to potentially resurrect drugs that failed FDA approval because of bioavailability.

My only worry with HTI and also with NRPH is that the companies will be taken out by a big pharma before their full potential can be realised.

-pokerden
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement