Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: chilero One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 157028  
Subject: Re: Played With An RT Tablet... Date: 11/6/2012 8:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
They didn't have time to finish a metro version of office. If you are using office on an RT device you need a keyboard and/or mouse.

On the Surface with the touch cover you get the keyboard and a touchpad. It works surprisingly well. You can also connect a mouse if you desire.

I disagree with your statement that they "dropped the ball". Including Office 2013 is a huge bonus for anyone buying an RT tablet. If you are looking at RT because of Office that means you want to be productive on the tablet and therefore need a keyboard and/or mouse.

The only downside to owning a Surface is the lack of apps. If they are capable of getting 125k apps on Windows Phone they will be able to get apps even faster on Win8/WinRT. The bonus for apps is that any app you buy for your tablet will also work on your laptop and desktop.

If you are already invested in Apple's ecosystem I don't really see why you would want to switch. If you are running PC's at home/work then you should at least include Win8/WinRT tablets among your possible choices.

I've had a Surface for a few days now and it is very popular in my household. The kickstand and touch cover are amazing. The screen looks great and the OS has been smooth and fast. I set up multiple accounts on it for my wife and son. They want their own Surface but that'll have to wait. I've never owned an iPad so I can't compare the two.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement