Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
They didn't pre-announce earnings, they just stated that earnings were going to be better that the street forcasts. I think this is a strategic move to entice funds and investors to climb aboard. It ususally works driving the share price higher before the actual earnings are announced.

I have seen this happen time and time again only to watch a stocks share price fall following the announcement of earnings simply because of profit taking and the positive earnings surprise already being built into the stock price. In any event CDT is an excellent company with positive earnings per share growth and excellent management, but is subject to the price of futures (copper,) and currency fluctuations.

I have held it since the IPO. It is an excellent long term hold for anyone wanting to take advantage of the internet boom from a hardware perspective.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement