Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
They told me that I was overpaid by the gross amount, and that if I gave them a check before the end of the year I could give them a check for the net amount, and they would get re-imbursed for the taxes. Although I sent them the check well before the end of the year, they didn't get around to it until January 2004. Therefore, they say I have to give them the amount for the taxes, and that I'll get the taxes back on my tax return.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.