Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
They're morons, plain and simple.

I don't think it's all that plain and simple. What they say is moronic, but I think it's part of a deliberate plan to make money. All sorts of stupid stuff is out there and finds customers. The particular brand of dumb sold by IBD is just a little different from that sold by Barron's. Different idiocy appeals to different types of sheep, but all get sheared.

I learned long ago that Wall St. is pretty much incapable of understanding Apple. It is beyond their ken that a company can exist successfully whose goal is not to make money. Apple's purpose is to make great stuff that makes people's lives better. Their management, in the tradition of SJ, understand that making money is necessary to enable that to continue. But it's not their goal, it's a byproduct of successfully making their customers happy.

This is Apple's secret to success, and they can say it out loud and make it as obvious as they like and Wall St. will always think they're lying and really doing something else. So the right response to the Wall St. morons in general is "bless your heart". For those of us who know the score, AAPL is long term free money.

-IGU-
(long AAP long time)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement