UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rael137 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37065  
Subject: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/25/2012 1:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I am going thru a massive sorting, purging and organizing kick right now. Essentially, I haven't weeded anything out for 15+ years. In that time I have had several interstate moves - all done by corporate movers. Since they packed it all up, I didn't do what should be the normal move prioritizing. So I have many full boxes squirreled away. As I have been opening them, I started a list of things I have waaaay too many of and don't ever need more of them. Here is part of the list:

1. Socks (there are at least 2 more large boxes full of socks)
2. Printer paper (5 reams at last count)
3. T-shirts (lost count at 75 currently wearable nice ones)
4. Christmas gift bags (too embarrassed to say how many)
5. Kitchen towels
6. Dog poop bags (definitely have enough for the remaining lifetime of the doggy)
7. Christmas cards
8. Greeting cards (all types)
9. Plastic plant pots
10. Christmas ornaments/decorative items (most of them gifts despite telling my family that I have had a tree up only 3-4 times in the last 15 years)
11. Coffee mugs

Do you have anything on your "don't need any more of ever" list?

I told my sisters that they are all getting a box of socks for X-mas.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35870 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/25/2012 8:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

I have things the same as you, socks, coffee mugs and t-shirts. I also have:
skirts (haven't worn 1 in over 10 years)
pumps (shoes) with an inch of dust on them
computer discs, software boxes, computer monitors (5 of them)
books - nutrician, financial, Chicken Soup, etc.

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35871 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/25/2012 1:58 PM
"don't need any more of ever" list?

1 mugs
2 sheets of paper (collected for reuse, printed on just one side)
3 plain cotton/poly blouses
4 small, cute boxes for gifts (but I generally give books, so don't use these)
5 plastic plant pots (guess I should admit that I'm not at all likely to get growlights and start plants indoors, nor make a container garden)
6 ideas to research and do (and as I'm an excellent generator of such ideas, I have confidence that I will have more)

YeilB

Author: cbrown24 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35874 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/26/2012 10:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
Embroidery thread.
I should say fa

Author: cbrown24 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35875 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/26/2012 10:56 PM
Gawd I hate this laptop!

I was going to say I should say fabric, but I won't.

Yoga/exercise pants. I inherited a bag from my oldest daughter.
Sloppy casual clothes to wear around the house.

I am at my daughter's apartment. They downsized from a 3 bedroom house with garage to a 2 bedroom apartment. They have boxes in closets that have not been opened.

Moved by the military.....so they definitely need to get rid of things, even though they did a good purge before the move cross country.

Family should quit buying them crap. They do not keep it. People do not listen.

That is all for now.

C. Brown

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35876 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/27/2012 5:12 PM
Recommendations: 6

Dust kittens.

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35877 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/31/2012 1:01 PM
skirts (haven't worn 1 in over 10 years)

That!

I have held onto a few in my closet (which probably don't even fit me anymore - I should check) but the fact is I don't wear skirts.

- Shampoo and conditioner. I bought some from overstock about 10 years ago, and even though I've already given most of it away I still have enough shampoo to last me another 10 years. And I almost never use conditioner unless it's already in the shampoo. (I don't have enough hot water to use them separately.)
- CD cases. I bought wonderful 10- and 20-CD cases back when I was burning audiobooks to CD, but now I can listen to mp3s directly on my phone so I just don't burn CDs anymore.
- Cookbooks. I probably have 40. I don't even open most of them. And if I want a recipe I'm more likely to look for one online.
- Vases. I'm considering using my collection as centerpieces at the wedding, and giving them away.
- Socks. I wear sandles or pumps 95% of the time. I might wear socks once a year, not including occassionaly sleeping in them when my feet get cold.
- Bar soap. I have 6 or 7 lovely, decorative, fragrant, hand-made soaps... that sit on the counter and smell good. I use liquid soap in a pump on the counter, and shower gel in a dispenser in the shower.

Frydaze1

Author: Hardboiled Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35878 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 8/31/2012 3:26 PM
Recommendations: 5
One of my swimming buddies brought gift bags to the pool yesterday. Each was filled with white flour sack dish towels. She'd spent the weekend cleaning out a room in her mother's house, and found hundreds of them. She thinks her mother was planning to embroider some day. Now, I'm stocked with dish towels, which is OK, because I moved the shabby ones I was using to the cleaning rag bin.

Gail

Author: PaintItBlue Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35879 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 9/1/2012 2:35 PM
Caulk (completely solidified)

Wilted lettuce

I also have a very large supply of small trash bags, because one supermarket I go to discourages bringing your own shopping bag and uses a lot of plastic. (On the other hand, they have low prices, fast and friendly cashiers, and pies good enough to bring to a potluck dinner.)

Lots of ratty blue jeans, most of them slightly too small.

And I could probably do a paper drive, all by myself.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35880 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 9/2/2012 6:24 PM
Recommendations: 5
How do they discourage you from bringing your own shopping bag? Refuse to bag your purchases? That sounds like time to send a politely worded note to the management about their attitude towards you saving THEM money.

Lara Amber

Author: PaintItBlue Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35881 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 9/2/2012 9:44 PM
They are on the edge of a poor neighborhood & trying to discourage shoplifting, so they have people check backpacks and large bags. I *could* roll up one or two of my machine-washable cloth shopping bags and stick them in my coat pockets, if I happened to be wearing a coat, but the cashiers are pretty fast at packing everything into plastic bags and seem unfamiliar with the idea of people bringing their own bags.

I do not look like their typical customer, so I don't feel like trying to get them to change. Someone else can introduce this idea to them. Telling them I liked it when they unexpectedly started carrying my favorite brand of tortillas is about as far as I go.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35921 of 37065
Subject: Re: Things I don't need any more of ever Date: 9/17/2012 9:27 PM
And I almost never use conditioner unless it's already in the shampoo. (I don't have enough hot water to use them separately.)

If you use cool water to rinse the conditioner out of your hair, it will leave your hair shinier than if you just rinse with warm/hot water. The cool water will help close the cuticle and keep your hair from getting a frizzy look :0)

LWW

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement