UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: stockmover Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10363  
Subject: Thinking of upgrading to Q-2013 ... DON'T ! Date: 10/6/2012 8:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Hey Guys,

FWIW ... I am currently running the 2010 Deluxe version of Quicken. I usually upgrade Quicken every 3 years. But I always read the Quicken reviews before updating my PC. Well, it looks like Q2013 has major problems. Below is just one of the 13 negative reviews just on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-419360-Quicken-Deluxe-Download/...

Needless to say, I am holding off (maybe permanently) upgrading to Q-13.

Rich
Arizona

1.0 out of 5 stars Quicken 2013 ruined my day, October 6, 2012
By
Warren R. Moe (Atlantic Highlands, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download] (Software Download)

Last evening I downloaded Quicken 2013. The advertised mobile/iPad app is exactly what I've been hoping Quicken would add.
I have been using Quicken 2011.
Product installation went OK and it seemed to import all of my Quicken 2011 data OK.
When I went to update my accounts, Quicken 2013 first wanted me to register the product.
So far so good.
After entering name & address, etc., it told me that I had successfully registered and gave me a button marked "Finish"', which I clicked.
THE PROGRAM FROZE COMPLETELY.
I had to use Task Manager to get out of it.

I contacted Intuit support by email and sent screen shots of what I was experiencing.
This morning I followed up with their Chat support line.
I got responses from both channels saying that I should uninstall then reinstall in C:\Quicken rather than the default directory.
I was assured all would be fine.
I tried that. Twice. All was not fine.
Every time I got to the end of product registration, Quicken 2013 froze completely.

Adding to my frustration is that the 2013 installation process uninstalled Quicken 2011. I don't have the download to reinstall Quicken 2011 and if it's on Intuit's website,I couldn't find it.

So now I have a request in to Intuit that they 1) tell me how to reinstall 2011 and 2) refund my purchase of 2013.
If they can do that, I'll be back where I was, having lost only a day.
If they can't do that, I will spit on their corporate grave.

Do not upgrade to Quicken 2013 unless and until you see through review in this forum or similar that they have released a useable product
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement