UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756632  
Subject: Re: Pat Buchanan: Conservative Discontent Date: 12/11/2012 5:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This begs the question, though: is there someone not patently crazy who can lay out a clear, specific set of ideas that is moderate voters might find appealing as an alternative? I don't like our two party system, but if we have to live with that reality then the country is generally better off when both parties have some control at the national level. Republicans are only hanging onto the House at the moment and the last election suggests to me that the trend does not favor them in the future. So where is the credible alternative?

The problem I see is that voters chose Dems. Therefore the Dems need to present a credible alternative. If they can not then the demonized Ryan plan will make a major league comeback.

Folks are writing off the only reasonable choices because they have been rejected, not because they are not moderate as can be practicable

Folks have been lied to that there are less dramatic paths. Those paths simply have to either be shown or to be shown as just lies

Lots of folks deny reality until it slaps them a couple of times. It is still reality even if they deny it, at some point they stop demanding reality not be reality and act rationally.

Until then, you can ask for alternative and demand them and hold your breath until you turn blue. Ryan's plan was quite moderate, in fact likely too moderate. that it was rejected doesn't mean we need something better. Sometimes there is simply only worse or as good, and perception ahs to change.

Lots of folks for reasons beyond me, feel that perception can not change. I am not sure why
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement