Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rev2217 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1263  
Subject: This Board... Date: 9/15/2005 12:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
It seems to me that it would be more spiritually beneficial to use this board as a forum for real bible study with in-depth discussion of various topics or passages rather than just posting a verse of scripture as a "thought for the day" -- but perhaps I'm wrong? Does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Norm.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1245 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 9/15/2005 2:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I personally love the quotes :^)
That said bible study would also be welcome.

Author: TheBreeze Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1247 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 9/16/2005 7:54 AM
Recommendations: 1
It seems to me that it would be more spiritually beneficial to use this board as a forum for real bible study with in-depth discussion of various topics or passages rather than just posting a verse of scripture as a "thought for the day"

Go ahead and post your comments on one of the recent thoughts/quotes. Or, start a topic and we'll try to chime in.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1248 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 9/16/2005 8:05 AM
Recommendations: 3
One request:

Please don't start the political bickering we see on other boards :-)

Author: crobinso Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1250 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 9/19/2005 2:33 PM
Recommendations: 0
Norm,

We tried that, back when the Goldrushs were here. But contempt for them superseded the study, and well, the studies ceased.

Charles

Author: rev2217 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1251 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 9/19/2005 9:27 PM
Charles,

We tried that, back when the Goldrushs were here. But contempt for them superseded the study, and well, the studies ceased.

Yes, but a large part of the problem seems to have been that they requested the board and felt that they owned it and thus had a right to dominate everything with gross distortions and misinterpretations of scripture. We could try again, now that they are gone, if there is inerest.

I actually had hoped to post something aimed at instigating discussion over the weekend, partly in response to a couple other encouraging replies, but unfortunately did not have time. Even worse, I'm not sure when I will have time because I'm going to a monastery in a remote area of Indiana for a "day of recollection" this weekend (which is a three-day trip for a one-day event) and I have a backlog of personal matters that need attention "fairly soon."

Norm.

Author: jimicarlos100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1257 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 10/18/2005 11:12 AM
Perhaps we will need a whole 'nother board ...lol . It is a good thought ! I think we would need to stick to particular scripture(s) and topics and not stray , though !!

Author: jimicarlos100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1258 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 10/19/2005 11:09 AM
It's been awhile you guys and gals ! Okay , perhaps you all can go tear up my post on the Christian Fools Board .

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=23184361

Author: Webyhomz One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1259 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 5/2/2006 3:32 PM
It seems to me that it would be more spiritually beneficial to use this board as a forum for real bible study with in-depth discussion of various topics or passages rather than just posting a verse of scripture as a "thought for the day" -- but perhaps I'm wrong? Does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Norm.

I know this was an old post, but yes, I agree. It would be more beneficial. Am checking up to see which fools are doing just that. LOL

Fawn

Author: Kasuma724 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1260 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 5/2/2006 4:56 PM
Recommendations: 4
I sort of agree.

If "in-depth Bible study" means a civilized discussion with a goal of "stirring up one another to love and good works", then yes, I'm all for it.

If "in-depth Bible study" means a re-vamped forum for bashing each other over the head with preconceived notions and judgemental attitudes or having various people expound on their pet theologies ... you can count me out.

Author: rev2217 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1261 of 1263
Subject: Re: This Board... Date: 5/2/2006 5:35 PM
Fawn,

I know this was an old post, but yes, I agree. It would be more beneficial. Am checking up to see which fools are doing just that. LOL

The board is an open forum, so feel free to start a discussion or study of whatever topic is of interest to you.

Norm.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement