Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Swede46 Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 256  
Subject: This board "could" become very active Date: 5/11/2012 2:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
The Motley Fool is closing the Global Gains service where YONG is a current holding. There have been numerous members/posters offering VERY GOOD detailed analysis on the company. Perhaps in search of a new home, this board will benefit from their participation.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kidchicago2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/11/2012 3:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Let's bring it!

Author: istraveler Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/11/2012 10:00 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thanks for the notice Doug.

I still hold YONG shares ... and cross my fingers the business story will eventually turn positive and the stock price rises.

I dropped the Global Gains subscription several months ago. Emerging markets hold great business potential, so the Global Gains newsletter was extremely informative and educational for me. However, many of the stocks picked didn't seem to be market beaters. Other newsletters presented more compelling business picks and delivered subsequent stock appreciation. So eventually I lost interest in the GG subscription.

Still remain VERY interested in non USA companies with solid fundamentals catering to long term trends.

Although I casually look for YONG news, I don't see much. There is probably a lot more information to be found, but unfortunately, not enough time to do extensive research and analysis.

Actually sad to hear that GG is closing down, but hopeful that some of the GG alumni land here to discuss business.

istraveler

Author: chiclimber One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 192 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/12/2012 9:20 AM
Recommendations: 1
The recent discussion on the GG boards between LeKitKat, wouter, mekong, kid, Snake and others has indeed been one of the best in recent memory. Here's to hoping that kind of discussion moves to this board. I hope to contribute, but time and brain constraints may limit that...

I won't be maintaining the MDP consolation prize when GG shuts down, so hopefully the GG YONG posters will be here!

And Swede, I've been missing your happy posts...

Author: chiclimber One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 193 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/12/2012 9:24 AM
Recommendations: 0
Drat...I meant I've missed your happy hour posts Swede!

Author: mekong22 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/12/2012 9:51 AM
in

Author: veitclub One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 195 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/12/2012 11:23 AM
> in

ditto

Author: vbkelly Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 196 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/13/2012 6:09 AM
> in
Same here

Author: wouter28 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 198 of 256
Subject: Re: This board "could" become very act Date: 5/13/2012 1:26 PM
Count me in then.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement