UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76421  
Subject: Re: Recs on this board Date: 1/1/2002 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
This board tends to see:

- a few regulars who are usually knowledgable and post often, usually with answers to questions
- a lot of people who pop in for one or two questions and then vanish
- not a whole lot of lurkers

For instance, when the tax reform law passed, Pixy wrote an article, and it was referred to. We didn't discuss it back and forth.

So by its nature, the board doesn't promote the type of behavior that generates rec's.

I tend to agree with your first 2 points but am not sure about the third. I think there may be more lurkers than you might think. I believe this to be one of the "higher class" boards with a number of very knowledgeable and informative regular posters either initiatiating a thread or responding with helpeful information. And I agree that probably the nature of the board does not promote rec's.
But in lieu of many rec's I could have given to many posters on this board let me just give a BIG THANKS to many things I have learned here.
And if you think that rec's are a direct measure of the quality of the post --- take a trip over to the Gimmie my Stars, and Gimmie my Rec's boards.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement