Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFDavidG Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 334  
Subject: This board will come back! Date: 5/8/2003 10:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This board has been forgotten! But it's a great topic, and it's going on my favorites (didn't know it was here).

Looking to take a decent ($15-$20) bottle of wine home tonight for low-key family supper -- any suggestions?

David
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFStar One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 321 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 5/8/2003 1:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
"Looking to take a decent ($15-$20) bottle of wine home tonight for low-key family supper -- any suggestions?"

I'll throw my vote out for a nice Shiraz from Australia if you like bold reds or a Gew├╝rztraminer if you'd prefer a spicy white.

You might try The Winery (on South Washington) as Jane can recommend many a good wine. She's also a fan of TMF and would be thrilled to meet you!

http://thewineryinc.com/
(703) 535-5765, 317 S Washington St, Alexandria, VA 22314

By the way, I think most of the "winos" have shifted over to The Wine Cellar board:
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=18423696&bid=112935

Corks aplenty!
TMF Star

Author: dcarper Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 322 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 5/8/2003 3:43 PM
David,
You'll likely get more response for your question at The Wine Cellar:

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=19018987&bid=112935

David

Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 323 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 2/25/2005 9:55 PM
Anything Mondavi is a pretty safe bet!

Jeffreyw

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 328 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 9/17/2007 4:46 PM
David,

Check out the Wine Cellar board. I post a Wine of the Day there and many are in the under $20 range. A good every day red wine is Marietta Old Vines which is a field blend for about $12-14. Can even stand up to aging!

WyneFool

Author: dcarper Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 329 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 9/17/2007 5:03 PM
David,

Check out the Wine Cellar board. I post a Wine of the Day there and many are in the under $20 range. A good every day red wine is Marietta Old Vines which is a field blend for about $12-14. Can even stand up to aging!

WyneFool

Gee WyneFool, you're digging rather deep, aren't you? I already referred him to the other board over 4 years ago. ;-)

David

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 330 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 9/18/2007 10:32 AM
David,

I just got around to reading this board. I noted the referral from you and thought I would respond even though it was old. Old winos need new info!

WyneFool - so many wines so little time

Author: DHeavy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 331 of 334
Subject: Re: This board will come back! Date: 8/2/2010 9:07 PM
Silver Palm

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement