UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: blue3dragon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 128369  
Subject: This changes things Date: 12/9/2012 11:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I had the insulation removed today. Nasty, dirty, ugly job. So glad I didn't try it myself. The contractor found 3 spots that look like mold. Contacting places now to have someone come out & treat it. Desperately hoping it won't cost as much as I fear. So no other project will be done until the mold gets obliterated. <sigh>

On the other hand, I have no problems looking at the ceiling in it's new insulation free style (well, except where those spots are). So a new ceiling probably isn't as dire once the mold is gone. And we found what may be a current or past leak under my half bath. Now that the insulation is gone I can keep an eye on that to see if it's still an issue.

I'm very grateful that I found this guy when I did. Otherwise the basement ceiling would have stayed further down on my list of projects & the mold situation would have gotten much, much worse. It was serendipitous that I got a contractor out when I did. Everyone else who saw the insulation just kept telling me it was dirty but no problem. And I feel better knowing that I'm not totally crazy as I swore that stuff was making my breathing worse.

Michele
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement