UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736359  
Subject: Re: My medication and what it did Date: 12/6/2012 9:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This is all in an effort to reduce the work load of the heart muscle and hopefully prevent you from going into congestive heart failure, pulmonary edema, or developing some sort of disrhythmia. Like all meds, some people have side effects. A friend of mine developed a persistent cough after starting an ACE which went away after stopping the drug. You need to talk things over with your physician and get on a drug that will help and not leave you feeling bad. It can be a trial and error situation.

Don't ignore this. I've treated/seen plenty of guys that stopped their medications on their own because it "messed with my nature" (they couldn't get an erection) and wound up having a stroke. Like that's really attractive to a woman.

JLC

Thank you for that, JLC, it confirms my research.

The problem is the side-effects of the drug were being treated as ancillary effects of the presenting problem. It has been an annus horribilus where as the drug’s side effects became more pronounced additional measures were taken – most ineffective.

Possibly my medical doctor thought alleviating the symptoms was preferable to changing the base medication. I don’t know but I will be seeing her in three weeks and that three weeks may have positive results as the medication wears off.

Meantime my naturopath has me on BP herbs and, so far, no adverse reaction to them. I am sleeping better and the stress level has diminished considerably. My appetite is slowly returning.

I may again buy green bananas and books with chapters.

Thanks again for your input.

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement