UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 885709  
Subject: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/20/2013 2:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This is carrying LBUM too far.

http://i.imgur.com/IHEz1jU.jpg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xtn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871827 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/20/2013 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Suffering your posts in an effort to get tips from this board is carrying LBUM too far. Just live in perpetual debt, people. You'll be better off.

xtn

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871829 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/20/2013 2:46 PM
Recommendations: 0
If you think that is too far, you should see my flip flops. I glued the straps back on after they fell off. My wife bought me a pair this week that were on sale and with a 30% off coupon. I'll put them in storage until the current pair wears out.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871841 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/20/2013 6:57 PM
Recommendations: 1
<<This is carrying LBUM too far.

http://i.imgur.com/IHEz1jU.jpg
>>

Heh heh!

Sorry, I don't get it. PLENTY of life left on that pencil!

Seattle Pioneer

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871845 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 12:58 AM
Recommendations: 60
The title "LBUM" seemed so crude to my delicate, refeeened old lady's, formerly Brit ears, that I never actually braced myself to read the post.

But we lived below our means tonight! Wednesday, in our marriage, is "date night". One of us chooses 3 restaurants, the other has the final choice from those three. Must be inexpensive.

DH is bedridden recuperating from a bad auto accident. I said "It's Date Night. We'll do "take out" as a special treat."

In nearly 46 years of marriage we have done "take out" or Fast Food at home perhaps a dozen times. He was surprised. "Pizza!!!"

I granted him his first choice.

"Okay. But to make it a real Date Night you have to get out of bed and get to the family room."

It is a huge ordeal, involving lots of my help, and a platform walker. At least 25 minutes to get there, and be seated, and another 20 to get back.

But we did it. We had a real Date Night in the family room. $13 for the pizza instead of $50-65 on our normal date night. Woo hoo.

Big Momma

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871846 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 2:04 AM
Recommendations: 2
Thank you for the update. I'll continue to keep good thoughts for you, and please let us know how things are going.

Nancy

Author: KlangFool One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871851 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 10:13 AM
Recommendations: 3
Hi,

In many countries, people use a plastic pencil extender so that nothing go to waste as a normal way of using pencil.

KlangFool

Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871852 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 11:31 AM
Recommendations: 26
<DH is bedridden recuperating from a bad auto accident. I said "It's Date Night. We'll do "take out" as a special treat."

In nearly 46 years of marriage we have done "take out" or Fast Food at home perhaps a dozen times. He was surprised. "Pizza!!!"

I granted him his first choice.

"Okay. But to make it a real Date Night you have to get out of bed and get to the family room."

It is a huge ordeal, involving lots of my help, and a platform walker. At least 25 minutes to get there, and be seated, and another 20 to get back.

But we did it. We had a real Date Night in the family room.>

Big Momma, over the years we get a sense of each other by reading each others' posts.

I think you are one of the NICEST, WARMEST, MOST WONDERFUL people anywhere on TMF! Not only are you a great mother, you are also a great wife! You are truly an inspiring role model to us all.

I hope that your husband recovers soon. With your sweet TLC, I'm sure his healing will be much faster.

Wendy

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871860 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 2:57 PM
Recommendations: 2
Gosh Wendy...where do I send you the check? (The other posters must know I paid you to write that)

Thanks for the nice comments, but I'm just the same grumpy old wife he had before the accident. Check it out. You are not too far from California, so if you ever need a bed (and breakfast) in the SF Bay Area, no strings attached,let me know. The guest room is nothing fancy, but you'd be very welcome.

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871874 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 9:05 PM
Congrats to you and husband. He seems to be on the mend, however slowly it seems.

Our Date Night is Friday night, mostly because we've either cleaned out the leftovers or can't stand another night of them. We started it when we both worked, to celebrate the end of the work week. I still like to make a special Sunday evening meal, as well.

PM

Author: ricebowlsoupe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871881 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/21/2013 11:55 PM
Best wishes for a very speedy recovery to your DH!

rbs

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871884 of 885709
Subject: Re: This is carrying LBUM too far. Date: 2/22/2013 3:31 AM
Silly me got kind of teary at your date night. Bravo to you both!

Robyn

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement