No. of Recommendations: 0
This is correct, anytime you do a rollover (direct or indirect) you will recieve a 1099R AND a 5498 for the year. Only time you wouldn't get both these forms is when you do a transfer.
The key to your situation is that you get the 5498 (which shows contributions to an IRA account), without that you will have taxes to pay. With it you just have a rollover that is a non-taxable event.
The company you rolled the money over to will (or should have already) sent you a 5498 (it depends on when all this was done).

Hope this helped.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.