Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ToesOnTheNose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22200  
Subject: This is my first post here... Date: 10/27/2003 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I'm really famous over on the Living Below Your Means board - not really, but I can dream, right?

Anyway, I am embarking on a new career. I have been taking photographs for at least 15 years. It started out as snapshots, then later, my dad bought me a Canon EOS 650 with a 50mm lens.

I am now going to turn pro. Am I scared? Yes. But, I'm getting everything in a row. One thing I am going to do is go all digital. I do believe, and this is a personal opinion, that film will fade away; well, not completely. But, almost.

At any rate, I am starting new with all my equipment. I have decided on the Canon EOS 10D system. I like Canon, and I already have most of the lenses. I am going to purchase two new bodies.

I am also looking at medium format, although the digital backs are too expensive. I may wait for that. The quality I have seem for digital 35mm is incredible. Way better than film, IMO.

I feel that going digital will allow me more control (in editing the final product) and it will allow better turn around time for my clients. Additionally, I do web design as a hobby, so this could fit right in with that for me.

Anyway, I have a million things going on. I am going to quit my job and move out of state where the cost of living is cheaper, and this will allow me to concentrate on my work.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. So, Hi.

Toes
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Online Photos
Yahoo! Groups
(Registration Required)
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement