Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: rita205 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121969  
Subject: Re: Adding a 4th cat... Date: 11/14/2012 6:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This is the number one problem of multiple cat households! You'll see lots of posts about this issue all the time.

How long ago did you get the rescue kitty? Probably what will be necessary is to back up and do introductions as if they never have met. That means keeping the new one confined and gradually introducing your older cat to her.

Here's one article: http://www.catsinternational.org/articles/getting_a_cat/good...

I tried to search the boards here, but the search function isn't great. It probably will take more time, and the more time the better. I'd put away the water bottle and work on positive cues.

I also like the My Cat From Hell show on Animal Planet, and the guy on it has addressed this topic a LOT. Look at the Animal Planet website, and you'll see some of the videos addressing it. One way to create positive experiences is to find treats that the resident cat just loves and give treats when the new cat is in view.

I'll hope that some of the other cat lovers come on here and share their wisdom - good luck and bless you for taking in the homeless kitty!

Rita
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement