UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WotPeed Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127524  
Subject: Re: Reconveyance letter Date: 12/20/2012 9:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is where I got a bit confused. If you are refinacing your 1st mortgage, that's actually the HELOC itself, and yet, you also mention subbing a HELOC. Sounds like your in the process of refinacing, by taking out a new 1st mortgage that will pay existing HELOC down to $0.

I currently have a 30ry fixed first mortgage with Chase and a HELOC with PNC. Chase sent me an offer a couple of months ago for one of their streamlined refinances of the 1st mortgage. No cost to me, just have to fill out the necessary paperwork and I'll have a new first mortgage at a rate 2% lower than my existing loan. This requires PNC to subordinate their loan to remain in 2nd position. The HELOC is not being paid off, but in the process of doing the title check they discovered the old HELOC which HAD been paid off but never closed.

You'll want to document that one of those two HELOCS (probably the older one) is correctly closed, and not marked inactive, with the lien released.

Yep. The person from the title company told me to bring the notices I received documenting the closing of the old HELOC to the closing for this refi and they'll make sure they get filed.

This was also from original post, and again a question best asked of a title company and the provider of the new 1st mortgage. It also appears to be unrelated to the issue with the two active HELOCS. But did you get this question answered? I'm curious and always welcome new knowledge, what's T.D. Service Company's role? Are they affiliated with the company issuing the new 1st mortgage?

I never got an answer to this, but it appears they're just some sort of middle man that handles various types of real estate transactions, presumably to take some of the load off of the banks who would rather pay these people a fee and not have to deal with all the minutia related to the millions of refis/foreclosures/etc. that have been going on over the last few years.

Wot
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement