Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Bashmaki Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2666  
Subject: this method Date: 8/9/2006 3:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This method seems to be the most logical one for long term investing. I am just starting and have read the book written on Buffetts style of investing. I've also read Peter Lynches book. Their styles are different but similar in ways. Buffetts style seems to hold companies on the grill to a greater degree. I like that. Of all the companies I've looked into Costco is the only one that I found met the criteria. I discovered later on that Buffetts company in invested in Costco also. I must have learned something.
This is obviously not a popular investment strategy with the TMF croud or there would be more people participating in this board. I need a mentor. someone or a group of someones act as a sounding board and someone to swap stories with. I do not have a lot of experience with investing but am very knowledgable in Telco,CATV, radio and fiber optics. So can answer questions pertaining to these things.

Bashmaki
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement