No. of Recommendations: 102
This NC Democrat, a State Senator is a diehard anti gunner. He has voted for every anti gun bill that has crossed his desk, but when someone invaded his house, he picked up a gun for self defense. Can you say Hypocrite?

I couldn't help but notice that your anti-gun comments were not supported by the article you posted, so I went looking;

Gun Issues

2008 Based on a point system, with points assigned for actions in support of or in opposition to Grass Roots North Carolina's position, Senator Soles received a rating of 68.

2008 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all candidates in 2008, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2006 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 64 percent in 2006.

2006 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all state legislative candidates in 2006, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2004 In 2004 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Senator Soles a rating of A.

2002 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 20 percent in 2002.

2002 In 2002 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Senator Soles a rating of B+.

2000 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 63 percent in 2000.

2000 In 2000 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Senator Soles a rating of B+.

1998 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 63 percent in 1998.

1998 In 1998 National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action gave Senator Soles a rating of B.

1996 Senator Soles supported the interests of the Grass Roots North Carolina 80 percent in 1996.

Wow! I wonder how he got these kinds of ratings from gun groups when he "voted for every anti gun bill that has crossed his desk". That just doesn't sound right to me.

http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=59...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement