Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
...this sort of stupid thread is why this board is dying.

Dammit Tim, I'm a buy-and-holder not a promoter!

Okay, that sounded more like Dr. Leonard McCoy in my head than it does written down. Couple that with the fact I still don't see much worth investing in and you get less writing. Banks and insurance are already over 30% of my portfolio and I don't really want to add to them. Mining / O&G is another 30%, I have 10% in the odd thing and I'm sitting 20-30% cash.

I looked down south at buying INTEL as they are blue chip and paying over a 4% dividend. Everyone was writing about what a great investment they are. The problem is they don't make chips for Apple or Samsung (Samsung does for both) and they don't make chips for the Xbox, Wii or Playstation. That ONLY leaves the PC/Server market. While that market is big it is not enough to continue to drive the company IMO. There is a reason the stock price is down.

I am looking to figure out how to buy Samsung. I think the whole conglomerate would be worth a purchase but I'm not sure that's even possible. To make matters more difficult none of it trades in North America.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement