UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308660  
Subject: Re: Long: my financial ignorance Date: 11/30/2010 10:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This template should help you work up a budget and help answer some of your attorney's questions that need to be answered. You may need to add some items and probably can eliminate a lot of items that don't apply:
http://www.circuit19.org/documents/Foreclosure/Borrower%20In...

You might want to make an Excel spreadsheet and plug the categories into it. If you don't have Microsoft's Excel software, Open Office includes a (free) spreadsheet program that you can download (long download) that is very comparable: http://download.openoffice.org/index.html It was, initially, designed by SunMicrosystems, before they turned over to openoffice.org for further development and enhancements - It's pretty good and should help keep life somewhat simpler for you. I also like using Quicken Home and Business to track my income and expenses, and can export it's data into a spreadsheet pretty readily. I was able to download transactions from my bank's website, until the bank decided to "upgrade" their website, which made life even more convenient, until the bank "upgraded" their website. *sigh* Unless you own a business or work as an independent contractor, you should be able to use a program with fewer features that Quicken's Home and Business, at around half the price, or alternatively, perhaps, start a home/side business that may justify the $50 extra cost of the home and business version, if and to the extent that doing so wouldn't adversely interfere with your SSDI.

That you owe so much in income taxes sounds like one of your bigger obstacles. I'll ask my friend on TMF who is a CPA and prepares my tax returns very competently to take a look at what you're facing and see if he might want to take a look and may be able to help you out some with that.

Bob
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement