This, to me, is the key and, so long as you remain in the 15% tax bracket with the conversions, I think you made the right decision. Going into the 25% tax bracket makes it more of a crap shoot with the odds going to the house IMHO.My view of the risk is slightly different. If you remain in the same tax bracket (convert now vs. when you withdraw from the Roth), then mathematically it makes no difference if you convert or not. The after-tax value is the same.The one risk that everybody is aware of is that maybe your future tax bracket will be higher, so you'll have a higher tax then.But the other risk that very few consider is: the possibility that Roth withdrawals will *not* be tax-free in the future. If that happens, you'd pay tax twice, once on the conversion and again on the Roth withdrawal.
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra