UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Allisonh2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 578  
Subject: Thomas.....Xpost Date: 6/27/2006 3:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
One of the posters on my rant board mentioned today on my board about a young man of 15 who just passed away. It is so sad, and I agree that children should not pass away before their parents.........Anyway after reading what Odee wrote, it prompted me to write about my own recent experience, one of my son's good friends he has know since 1st grade...

Here is what I wrote, I thought it would be appropriate here.

About 2 weeks ago, one of Kyle's friends Thomas passed away at age 19.....he was born with a bad heart, had heart surgery when he was a baby, but seemed pretty good. He had something where his blood flowed backwards compared to everyone elses (can't recall right now what the term was) Kyle knew Thomas from grade school (1st grade) and high school. Hadn't seen him for a few months, but not too long ago, stopped by with his new to him white car and they visited for quite a while. I was in the house and didn't pay attention to who was in the driveway. He stayed quite a while and they caught up on things, Thomas was happy for Kyle for having such a good job that he liked (the rv place) I asked Kyle later who he was talking to out there for a while. He said that was Thomas. I said, "Oh, if I had known that, I would have come outside to say HI".....I always liked Thomas who was one of my favorites of Kyle's childhood friends. He couldn't participate much in sports, but really loved the Hawkeyes, wresting and most football games. He'd still watch and was a manager for Marion's wrestling teams.
Such a sweet kid, so full of life, happy and so full of life. When we went to the funeral home for the visitation, I think it really hit home to Kyle. He was so upset seeing Thomas there like that, he said, "Ok, mom, I'll meet you outside"...He even forgot to drop the card off that he had in his hand, so I had to go back into drop it in the collection there. Kyle didn't want to go to the funeral, but Kevin and I did. I cried all during it and was so heartbroken to see his parents coming down the aisle. He had 2 older brothers, very nice kids too, looked a lot like Thomas. My heart melted for his dad, the family had to hold him up.

Yes, I do believe now that there is a now a new angel up in Heaven. His name is Thomas Greene....and he cheers for the Iowa Hawkeyes from up above there.

Allison
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement