Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Those are my two options and I am not quite sure which way to go. Have you pretty much gone out of "DCA Range" when you invest only 4 times a year? That seems like such a small amount and might not entirely reap benefits of DCA, would higher commissions be worth it to invest more frequently. I am 22 and this is going in an IRA.

You might find this link helpful:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13258901

I did a study (with help from GLSmyth) to see how varying the frequency of your purchases will affect your average purchase price. The short answer is that a quarterly purchase schedule will have a negligible impact on the average purchase price over the long term (5+ years).

Marv
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement