No. of Recommendations: 0
Those articles were too long for me. How about a simple question as to when people perceive life begins:

a) In sperm and egg. (Some believe women should continuously bear and
a period is killing a life)
b) At conception. Two or four cells represent life.
c) Brain activity, even if incoherent. (Mentioned in prior posting)
d) Some number of months for arbitrary reasoning. (e.g., looks human)
e) Heart beating.
f) Viable outside of womb.
g) Coherent brain activity.
h) Conciousness (Aware alive and of potential for death)
i) Nervious system developed so can feel pain.
j) Other, I have over looked.

Be brief, I am trying to understand other's perspective and logic.

My answer would be (f). And by viable, I mean it can survive with a respirator and incubator and all the other gadgets doctors can hook up to a baby to help it survive. But, personally, I think after 3 months of pregnancy, there is a chance, and that abortions should not be performed after 3 months.

But I must say I was surprised to read (a). But I'm sure this is just another excuse for some male to hate women and blame us for everything bad in the world. Really, though, how is a woman supposed to control something that occurs naturally. Believe me, if I never had to bleed again, I wouldn't!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement