UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757829  
Subject: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Again! Date: 1/24/2013 8:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 25
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/01/exclusive-wa...

Wal-Mart is exploring the idea of building a private health insurance exchange tailored to offer cheaper health insurance to small businesses, a vice president told Orlando Business Journal Jan. 11.

Wal-Mart wants to work with insurers and managed care companies to find new, low-cost health insurance options tailored for small companies, which historically have limited options.
The idea is to offer those products through a health insurance exchange — or as Osborne said, simply a marketplace — that would leverage Wal-Mart’s buying and marketing power to make the exchanges widely available and used. “It would allow small employers to piggyback Wal-Mart,” Osborne said. “We haven’t got it all figured out, but it’s one of the things we’re looking at.”

Osborne said smaller employers make up a huge portion of the health insurance market in the aggregate, and it’s an underserved market.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668180 of 757829
Subject: Re: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Agai Date: 1/24/2013 9:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wal-Mart is exploring the idea of building a private health insurance exchange tailored to offer cheaper health insurance to small businesses,
------------

Tsk! Now, where is my nearest WalMart?

arrete

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668202 of 757829
Subject: Re: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Agai Date: 1/25/2013 1:25 AM
Wal-Mart wants to work with insurers and managed care companies to find new, low-cost health insurance options tailored for small companies, which historically have limited options. The idea is to offer those products through a health insurance exchange — or as Osborne said, simply a marketplace — that would leverage Wal-Mart’s buying and marketing power to make the exchanges widely available and used. “It would allow small employers to piggyback Wal-Mart,” Osborne said. “We haven’t got it all figured out, but it’s one of the things we’re looking at.”

This is exactly what Steve Wynn (Las Vegas impresario) described that his companies do (during an interview on Puss Moogan's show).

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668256 of 757829
Subject: Re: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Agai Date: 1/25/2013 10:45 AM
Recommendations: 2
Wal-Mart is exploring the idea of building a private health insurance exchange tailored to offer cheaper health insurance to small businesses, a vice president told Orlando Business Journal Jan. 11.

Gee, I wonder if Walmart will offer this health care plan to their employees? That way the public could stop subsidizing Walmart by funding their employee's health care though Medicaid and Emergency room visits.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668257 of 757829
Subject: Re: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Agai Date: 1/25/2013 11:05 AM
Recommendations: 7
beridan:"Gee, I wonder if Walmart will offer this health care plan to their employees? That way the public could stop subsidizing Walmart by funding their employee's health care though Medicaid and Emergency room visits. "

Of course they will. The government will fund about 85%of the plan, since the workers are 'low income folks' and will only have to pay 15% of the premiums themsevles. They'll get 'subsidies' built into ObamaKare.

You'll be paying for them. Didn't you read the 2000 pages of the ObamaKare bill?

t.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668283 of 757829
Subject: Re: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Agai Date: 1/25/2013 12:57 PM
Walmart does provide healthcare for their employees already.

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 668294 of 757829
Subject: Re: Those EVIL B*stards @ Walmart are at it Agai Date: 1/25/2013 2:11 PM
Walmart does provide healthcare for their employees already.

That's a half-truth (at best):

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/12/09/walmart-bai...

Employees hired after Feb. 1, 2012, who fail to average the magic 30-hours per week requiring a company to provide a healthcare benefit, will lose their healthcare benefits on the following January.
Of course, Walmart carefully controls employee work schedules and will have the opportunity to design worker hours in a manner that will keep employees at a level below the threshold required to accomplish company healthcare benefits pursuant to the law.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement