No. of Recommendations: 0
Those of you who don't understand the concept I advanced should inform yourselves about Uninsured Motorist insurance.

I understand the concept of uninsured motorist insurance. It covers insured motorists against losses from injuries caused by uninsured motorists. That coverage extends to the insured even if they are not driving. It could cover the insured while walking or riding a bike. But that is not your concept here. Your suggestion is not for insured gun owners to be covered against losses by uninsured gun owners. You are extending it to all people, gun owners and non-gun owners.

What you really are suggesting is a Gun Victims Fund. As someone said to me, you are not making an apples to apples comparison. Your suggestion goes way beyond Uninsured Motorist insurance.

As already mentioned, why are you not suggesting Alcohol Victims Insurance to pay for damages from people who are drinking alcohol. The number of victims between guns and alcohol are similar in size.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement