Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kelliedan Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66  
Subject: Thoughts? Date: 12/30/2003 8:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm new to stocks and small caps, but I'm intrigued by NIC, especially as governments look to collect revenues under tight budgets.

I've spent some time looking at financials, and I see that the Cost of Software and Services revenue is about 50% compared to the first 9 months of 2002.

Does this mean NIC is short-changing R&D? And is this reason for concern? It seems that much of what NIC provides is service, not just technology.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or insights. Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: myketyn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65 of 66
Subject: Re: Thoughts? Date: 1/2/2007 2:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would be interested in any feedback on this stck as well.

Author: jtallenmd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66 of 66
Subject: Re: Thoughts? Date: 1/3/2007 3:54 AM
You are correct in that this company provides a service, so there isn't much need for R&D.

My experience has been that NIC is a great company, but a lousy investment. I suggest that you read the comments on the CAPS board. I think it was pennyplants's, but I can't remember for sure. Summary is that the leaders are more interested in lining their own pockets instead of providing value for investors.

I think you money would be better spent elsewhere.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement