Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: konrads One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12  
Subject: Thoughts Fools? Date: 1/15/1998 7:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
BTO was written up in the January issue of Individual Investor as one of their "MAGIC 25" stocks to buy in 1998. Any Fools out there have intelligence on this one? Split recently 4/1 and seemed to take a small dip in last couple of days. (Buying opportunity?)
Not much info in MS Investor.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gunnarllc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 12
Subject: Re: Thoughts Fools? Date: 2/17/1998 7:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I just purchased a few hundred shares of BTO for long-term. It shall do well despite a possible shaky market this year although as of today, the market is hitting all time highs. The old saying "Every bubble has its bursting point". I feel that this fund will survive if the market dips substantially. We'll see.

Author: thejake Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 12
Subject: Re: Thoughts Fools? Date: 4/28/1998 8:46 PM
I like the small-to-medium banks as investments. We seem to be in the phase of the business cycle where lendable funds become increasingly in demand, and the smaller banks tend to be net sources of funds. So they should make decent money. Also, they should continue as takeover candidates. All of which means that a nice diversified basket of 'em selling close to net asset value looks attractive.

Author: clearcreek Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 12
Subject: Re: Thoughts Fools? Date: 7/19/1998 3:41 PM
Hey

Saw the article, looks like a good long term hold, have been watching it for quite while but it just did not seem to have enough upside excitement. One that did was COBZ Colorado Bankshares a new IPO.

Bye Clearcreek

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement