Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: EightTrack3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20228  
Subject: Thursday Date: 7/11/2013 2:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
It is still Wednesday? Or have we reached Thursday?

http://boards.fool.com/wednesday-30719924.aspx?sort=whole#30...

I prefer to be early with selling, rather than late. This conflicts with 'Ride Winners' but what can you do. I had been investing as long as I've been in the past ~8 years.

There are 3 reasons I sell an equity when I reduce exposure:
a) Valuation,
b) Stock market acting funny*,
c) Stock's technicals are bad.

Not to say tomorrow can't be another Wednesday.

Ed Yardeni has a blog post on the history of corrections in bull markets (yes, this could be a bull interlude in a secular bear market.) We have had three corrections in this post-Great Recession bull market.

http://blog.yardeni.com/2013/07/a-history-of-corrections-exc...

During bull markets, corrections aren't necessarily frequent occurrences. Indeed, there was only one correction during the previous bull market, but only if the start date is pegged at October 9, 2002 rather than March 11, 2003. Between the bear market of 1987 and 2000-2003, there were just two corrections. Between the bear markets of 1980-1982 and 1987, there was only one.

ET
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement