UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hixey Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Mission Olympia 2 SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 847  
Subject: tickers on the home tab Date: 8/20/2011 6:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
is there a reason some of the tickers (eg YONG) are shown in parentheses next to the full company name in the "board name" column, but not in the "ticker" column?

See the "Discuss" tab:

http://boards.fool.com/1106/motley-fool-global-gains-10125.a...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFWordNerd Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 817 of 847
Subject: Re: tickers on the home tab Date: 8/23/2011 9:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi, hixey. There is a reason, but it's not an especially good one: The tools we use to create your discussion boards changed a while back, so some of the older boards have those tickers in parentheses, and the newer boards don't.
I'll try to clean up the ticker columns for you in the next few days.
--Tracy

Author: hixey Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Mission Olympia 2 SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 818 of 847
Subject: Re: tickers on the home tab Date: 8/23/2011 7:08 PM
Hi Tracy,

Thank you for the response! This is awesome - I actually really can't wait - it's been "bothering" me for awhile now!

cheers!

hixey

Author: TMFWordNerd Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 819 of 847
Subject: Re: tickers on the home tab Date: 8/23/2011 7:31 PM
Glad to help, hixey. I think I took care of all the board names today -- take a peek and let me know if I understood your request. If I missed something or fixed the wrong thing, I'll try again!
--Tracy

Author: hixey Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Mission Olympia 2 SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 821 of 847
Subject: Re: tickers on the home tab Date: 8/25/2011 5:36 PM
Nailed it, thanks!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement