Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196426  
Subject: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/28/2012 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Folks on facebook seem to be getting in a flap over this:

Piers Morgan calls for amendments to 'flawed' Bible and Constitution

http://now.msn.com/piers-morgan-says-bible-and-constitution-...

Piers Morgan interview of Rick Warren:

“Both the Bible and the Constitution were well intentioned but they are basically, inherently flawed. Hence, the need to amend it.”

“There is still an element of the bible that is flawed,” Morgan told Warren on his program, Piers Morgan Tonight.

“I do not believe the bible is flawed,” Warren replied.

“My point to you about gay rights, for example, it’s time for an amendment to the Bible.”

“Uh, no,” Warren told Morgan. “Not a chance. What I believe is flawed is human opinion, because it constantly changes.”

“You should compile a new bible,” Morgan said with a laugh.

“I willingly admit that I base my worldview on the bible, which I believe is true,” Warren maintained. “Opinion changes, but truth doesn’t.”

“We’re going to have to disagree on that,” Morgan told him.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184762 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/28/2012 8:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://now.msn.com/piers-morgan-says-bible-and-constitution-...

“I do not believe the bible is flawed,” Warren replied.

“My point to you about gay rights, for example, it’s time for an amendment to the Bible.”

does he want to amend it to make clear god hates gays?
or that gays should have rights?

(the comments are wonderful.... such a celebration of Christian Love.

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184763 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/28/2012 9:40 PM

The ones I'm seeing on FB are similar. Deport him to North Korea, throw him in the Atlantic, that kind of stuff.

What's the First Amendment again?

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184767 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/29/2012 12:28 PM
Recommendations: 4
“I willingly admit that I base my worldview on the bible, which I believe is true,” Warren maintained. “Opinion changes, but truth doesn’t.”

One wonders why we no longer burn people at the stake.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184768 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/29/2012 2:18 PM
Recommendations: 4

it's not Biblical is it?

Stoning .....otoh

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184769 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/29/2012 3:01 PM
---------
The ones I'm seeing on FB are similar. Deport him to North Korea, throw him in the Atlantic, that kind of stuff.

What's the First Amendment again?

has to do with govt action ... so deporting him for irritating speech, no.

a gang of private individuals tossing him in the Ocean, ok.

(>;

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184771 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/29/2012 9:43 PM
<<
>>
We are not able to get EPA approval because of the CO2 emissions.

Burning people at the stake is never mentioned in the Bible... must have been an European tradition.... Does anyone know of it being done anywhere that Europeans were not in charge?

Author: HaltCatchFire Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184772 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/29/2012 10:32 PM
Recommendations: 2
“Both the Bible and the Constitution were well intentioned but they are basically, inherently flawed. Hence, the need to amend it.”

Mr. Morgan is entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be.

Regards,

- HCF

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184773 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/30/2012 4:00 PM

Mr. Morgan is entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be.

What's wrong about his opinion.

Both have been amended. Interpretations of both have changed. Both are written by humans and are subject to flaws and errors.

Author: HaltCatchFire Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184777 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/30/2012 11:24 PM
Recommendations: 5
What's wrong about his opinion.

The minute-long video clip dealt solely with gay rights. I have to speak to that topic only.

The US Constitution does not need to be amended to address gay rights. The 14th amendment (specifically, the equal protection clause) already guarantees that all laws apply to everyone, equally. The problem is not in the Constitution but rather in our interpretation and application of the law.

I believe the Bible is a closed canon. I do not believe in continuous revelation. There is no amendment process. If there was something the Lord wanted in the Bible, He would have guided his prophets and early church leaders to put it there. So, regardless of topic, the Bible is not going to be amended.

Regarding gay rights, does the Bible need to be amended? What is the perceived problem? (Again, the short video didn't capture this.) Jesus didn't say one word about homosexuality. The few places where homosexuality is discussed in the New Testament is ambiguous and subject to debate. I believe that, if people go to the Bible and actually read what it says, and what the original Hebrew and Greek said, the Bible doesn't really say much about homosexuality. Most people are starting with their preconceived notions and are finding what they want to find.

Pastor Warren's comments ring true for me. Truth is eternally true, and not subject to popular opinion. We don't need to rewrite the Bible. We need to read it carefully and study it prayerfully. Jesus's teachings on how we're to treat one another are perfectly clear: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:33-36) Follow that.

So that's where his opinion is wrong. The Constitution and the Bible do not need to be amended. We need to amend our behavior to one another.

Regards,

- HCF

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184779 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/31/2012 1:49 PM
Pastor Warren's comments ring true for me.

Are you referring to the comments in which he claims that all deaths are pre-planned by God, and therefore murders and abortions are part of God's plan?

Author: HaltCatchFire Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184780 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 12/31/2012 9:47 PM
Are you referring to the comments in which he claims that all deaths are pre-planned by God, and therefore murders and abortions are part of God's plan?

I missed that in the video. What time in the video were those comments?

Regards,

- HCF

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184786 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/1/2013 6:29 PM
The perceived problem is this: The Bible clearly teaches that homosexual acts are wrong and are punishible by death. Are you reading a different Bible? Or have you changed the interpretation of earlier written parts of the Bible in light of later revelation? If the latter, is this not an ammendment to the earlier command?

Did God get it wrong in Leviticus? Did God chamge His mind about the earlier command?

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184810 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/2/2013 12:04 PM
-------
I missed that in the video. What time in the video were those comments?

They are in his book, The Purpose Driven Life.

Author: HaltCatchFire Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184822 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/2/2013 10:49 PM
Did God get it wrong in Leviticus? Did God chamge His mind about the earlier command?

Leviticus is a set of laws for the Jewish people to follow until the Messiah came. The coming of Jesus Christ fulfilled the prophesies and ended the law's rule over men. Leviticus was not a mistake. The Lord didn't change His mind.

Also, cherry-picking the two passages about homosexuality out of Leviticus leaves a lot of other passages aside. We're not supposed to eat pork or even "touch their carcasses". (Really. Leviticus chapter 11.) No one questions whether football is sinful. But people like football, and they find gay sex icky, so they use parts of the Old Testement to support that bigotry.

Hope this helps,

- HCF

Author: HaltCatchFire Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184823 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/2/2013 10:53 PM
Back to the original question:

I don't agree with that. If this were true, people do not have free will, do not choose their path, do not sin, and thus do not need to be saved. Earlier, I was referring to his comments in the video linked in the original post, about truth being always true.

Hope this helps,

- HCF

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184825 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/3/2013 10:35 AM
<<
Leviticus is a set of laws for the Jewish people to follow until the Messiah came. The coming of Jesus Christ fulfilled the prophesies and ended the law's rule over men. Leviticus was not a mistake. The Lord didn't change His mind.
>>
Check your history, God's laws nor the Mosaic laws have ever had rule over man!

You also have your time line wrong! Everything is not accomplished!

Matthew 5:18
I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

I checked a little while ago and the earth was still here and has not disappeared. I will check the heavens tonite it was so cloudy last night and this morning that I do not know if the heavens were in place or not but I assume someon else could verify the heavens are still there!
So every jot and tittle of the law is still there!

Matt 5:19
Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184840 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/4/2013 1:02 PM
Leviticus is a set of laws for the Jewish people to follow until the Messiah came.

That true? Did or do the Jews believe that the Mosaic law will be fulfilled by the Messiah?

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184844 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/4/2013 5:07 PM
Warren maintained. “Opinion changes, but truth doesn’t.”
Whose truth? Truth is as varied as the number of people on this planet and the beliefs that they hold. There may be common threads that could be defined as 'truth' but who is going to determine that?

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184845 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/4/2013 5:12 PM
I believe the Bible is a closed canon. I do not believe in continuous revelation. There is no amendment process. If there was something the Lord wanted in the Bible, He would have guided his prophets and early church leaders to put it there.
Because the information comes through the filters of the person receiving the information, anything 'channeled' by a human from the Divine will be flawed and not necessarily 'true'.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184847 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/4/2013 9:17 PM
<<
Whose truth? Truth is as varied as the number of people on this planet and the beliefs that they hold. There may be common threads that could be defined as 'truth' but who is going to determine that?
>>

If 'truth is as varied and the number of people on this planet' then there is no truth.

Jesus made a statement, "I am the truth....", that is not a varied truth but TRUTH, call it the LOGOS or TAO... but if your statement is true then a lie and truth are equivalent and I do not think that is TRUE.

I believe the WORD was made flesh in the person of Jesus Christ...

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184848 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/4/2013 11:30 PM
Warren maintained. “Opinion changes, but truth doesn’t.”

so if seven People have seven different answers to
square root of 49, they're all somehow equally true?

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184849 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 12:24 AM
"so if seven People have seven different answers to
square root of 49, they're all somehow equally true?"

Two kinds of truth:

7x7=49 kind of truth

And The Truth with capital T. This is religious Truth. My religion is The Truth and yours is False. Example: "I am the Truth, the Way and the Life".

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184851 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 1:36 AM

7x7=49 kind of truth

And The Truth with capital T. This is religious Truth. My religion is The Truth and yours is False. Example: "I am the Truth, the Way and the Life".

but what's the diff other than nearly everyone agrees on
the former ... on the latter not so much?

it's still the case that your religion is true OR not

if yours is true, mine isn't
if mine's true, yours isn't
we could both be wrong, but can't both be right

isn't that what OP was on about?
that whatever IS THE CASE doesn't change?

Author: NigelGlitter Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184852 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 9:17 AM
If 'truth is as varied and the number of people on this planet' then there is no truth.

Truth is a word that describes the relationship between our understanding and the actual facts or reality.

There is no language for describing morality that is rigid and capable of any absolute value.

Math is a rigid language that allows for absolutes. So are empirical measurements. A distance between two objects at a given moment in time can be measured and verified by all. 2+2=4 is an absolute, universal truth.

Jesus made a statement, "I am the truth....", that is not a varied truth but TRUTH

No. It's a simple statement that cannot be measured or verified anymore than if I claim "I am the truth."

but if your statement is true then a lie and truth are equivalent and I do not think that is TRUE.

Moral truth is a moving target that is the collective societal understanding of what is right at any given moment. That's why moral truth is so varied from culture to culture, and era to era. It's very real and we live within its constraints every day of our lives. It's "true" and "right" when you agree, and it's not when you don't. Purely subjective. Adding god or Jesus to the equation doesn't change the mechanics.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184853 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 9:28 AM
<<
so if seven People have seven different answers to
square root of 49, they're all somehow equally true?
>>

This reminds me of an episode where Captain Picard is being interrogagted by some aliens. There is a number of lights in his face and the interrogator keeps telling him the number of lights is different that what it is.... he is eventually rescued but at the end of the show he tells the ship's counselor that he saw the number of lights the interrogator kept telling him was there.

I want to know what is true... I would not want to have a great faith in a lie.

There is power in a group of people having a great desire or focus on a goal or a belief. We see it in some of those 'super' churches, some cults, many sporting events when the home team plays over their heads with the home fans focused on them and cheering them on. Many visiting teams try to get off to a fast start to take the home fans out of the game.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184854 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 9:34 AM
<<
>>

Have I ever told you your beliefs were false?

I try to treat your posts like I treat the preacher's sermon at church, I search the scriptures to see if they are true?

I really am not sure what you believe anyway... you appear to be trying to figure it out?

I try not to compare my beliefs to others, I try to compare my beliefs to the scriptures as well to see if they are in agreement with the scriptures when they are not in agreement I study and pray and usually discard the belief, sometimes I have found that the original languages allow the belief that I had.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184856 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 9:54 AM
<<
if yours is true, mine isn't
if mine's true, yours isn't
we could both be wrong, but can't both be right
>>

We are frequently all wrong or partially right. I think that religions or teachings that have staying power have at least some elements of truth. A one generation group can last because of the charisma of the leadership... There have been many of those. Groups that last like Buddhists, Jews, Christians, Moslems, others have elements of truth that allow it's adherents to draw closer to the divine.

Truth is. If you base your belief only on a source then it frequently is perverted. Such sources are documents like the Bible, Book of Mormon, Koran, Talmud, or charismatic leaders like many cults.

I trusted Jesus teachings because the teachings resonate within me that they are TRUE. I trust the scriptures because he did. I do not expect his teachings nor the scriptures to the the only source of TRUTH, some christian groups teach that. Jesus nor the scriptures teach that! I search for truth in all that speak to me and all that I read and all that I see and experience. God is TRUTH, God is LOVE. How can I go wrong if I love and desire to know truth. I believe it is the only way we can be free.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184857 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 10:03 AM
<<
There is no language for describing morality that is rigid and capable of any absolute value.
>>

I know that is why the Word was made flesh.

He also taught in parables for a similar reason.

It is also the reason he did not abandon us as orphans, but gave us His Spirit to guide us into all truth.

<<
Truth is a word that describes the relationship between our understanding and the actual facts or reality.
>>

Then your truth will always be changing, in my understanding that is the same as no TRUTH.
I think that TRUTH, the TAO, the LOGOS exists an is an integral part of creation or for those who do not believe in creation it is an integral part of the universe.
My belief in this is the only reason to search for TRUTH. No need to search if it does not exist.

Author: NigelGlitter Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184858 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 11:40 AM
Recommendations: 6
Then your truth will always be changing, in my understanding that is the same as no TRUTH.

Then you have no truth. You follow scripture that was written 2,000 years ago. That's why some of it is ignored, and some is reinterpreted. It is no longer relevant today.

Thou shalt not kill is a near universally accepted more. It cuts across cultures and time. Oh, accept when you're at war with another group that has separate beliefs or interests than you, or, as you have already stated, god commanded you to kill.

Take away 90% of the foods resources and see how universal thou shalt not kill is as a more. Right and wrong change with the circumstances. Just because the target can move doesn't make it not right or wrong at the moment.

The distance between the sun and the earth changes constantly. Just because because it's not a constant doesn't mean it can't be quantified at any given moment. The difference is that the we have a language to quantify the distance between the sun and earth and can demonstrate that at any given moment the distance is X.

We have no such language for morality. Hence the subjective nature of mores. It all comes down to each individuals personal interpretation of not only right and wrong, but the actual words used to convey such.

I think that TRUTH, the TAO, the LOGOS exists an is an integral part of creation or for those who do not believe in creation it is an integral part of the universe.
My belief in this is the only reason to search for TRUTH. No need to search if it does not exist.

In the end society enforces what is deemed acceptable behavior at any given moment. Societal enforcement occurs at many levels, familial, local, religious congregation, school, and ultimately, in this country, at a secular governmental level. All of the parochial subsets can only enforce and encourage behavior that does not contradict the supreme law of the land, and that is why it is so vitally important that everyone participate in shaping our collective mores at every given time. We are our own conscience.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184859 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 2:25 PM
<<
In the end society enforces what is deemed acceptable behavior at any given moment. Societal enforcement occurs at many levels, familial, local, religious congregation, school, and ultimately, in this country, at a secular governmental level. All of the parochial subsets can only enforce and encourage behavior that does not contradict the supreme law of the land, and that is why it is so vitally important that everyone participate in shaping our collective mores at every given time. We are our own conscience.
>>

What you state above is true,,,, but has little to do with the Tao, Logos or TRUTH.

<<
We have no such language for morality. Hence the subjective nature of mores. It all comes down to each individuals personal interpretation of not only right and wrong, but the actual words used to convey such.
>>

I have already said I agree that no language is adequate that is why the Word was made flesh and Jesus Christ taught in parables, that is why the Holy Spirit is present in our lives to guide us to all TRUTH.

Morals and ethics are sometimes situational, but if the logos or tao is an integral part of creation as i believe then that truth is not situational.

Author: NigelGlitter Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184860 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/5/2013 3:14 PM
Morals and ethics are sometimes situational, but if the logos or tao is an integral part of creation as i believe then that truth is not situational.

That's an impossible if to substantiate, and isn't be supported by historical evidence.

We do, however, have the evidence that morals and ethics evolve just like we do. They are nothing more than our way of articulating what is deemed appropriate behavior for individuals that live in a society.

What more is not situational?

Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184877 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/6/2013 4:29 PM
"I try not to compare my beliefs to others, I try to compare my beliefs to the scriptures as well to see if they are in agreement with the scriptures when they are not in agreement I study and pray and usually discard the belief, sometimes I have found that the original languages allow the belief that I had."

It seems that you hold the belief that the scriptures (the bible) contain all truth. Why? Why these scriptures and not all the others out there?

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184879 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/6/2013 5:01 PM
Time for an amendment to the Bible
=================================

Only a liberal would make such a foolish comment.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184881 of 196426
Subject: Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date: 1/6/2013 7:48 PM
<<
It seems that you hold the belief that the scriptures (the bible) contain all truth. Why? Why these scriptures and not all the others out there?
>>

Then it is not what it seems.

I believe the scriptures are true but not the source of truth nor containing all truth. The NT states that it does not contain all the actions or teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus teaches that He will send the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us.

I think some christian sects teach what you stated but i do not agree with that teaching.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement