Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jayquest One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2276  
Subject: Time to Sell Date: 11/29/2007 2:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is this a good time to sell this stock? Anyone have an opinion?

J
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2261 of 2276
Subject: Re: Time to Sell Date: 11/29/2007 5:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Has the stock reached the goal you set for it? If so, sell it. If not, hang on.

Has the stock preformed the way you thought it should and has a good future still? If yes, keep it, if no, then sell it.

Do you really need money ASAP and this stock is expendable for you? Then sell it, if not, hang onto it.

Truth is, only you can decide if it is a good time for you to sell, hold on, or buy more of any stock holdings you have.

Author: jayquest One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2262 of 2276
Subject: Re: Time to Sell Date: 12/3/2007 12:15 PM
Dormil,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I really asked the wrong question. I originally bought VRSN long before I had even heard of the FOOL. I had no fundamental reasons or goals for this stock.
I was really interested to see if anyone out there has done any research on this stock and wether it is a good stock to hold after its recent run up.
They have a reasonable PE of 29 but a high PEG of 2.3. They have low margins and a very low ROE. They have large debt but pretty much enough cash to offset it.
Just wondering if anyone has a more indepth analysis.

J

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement