UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: redhed Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308688  
Subject: Tippy-tap-tappity-tap Date: 10/26/2000 3:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
I did it!

Following my carefully set out plan, I've completed graduate school, sold my house, and found the job I've always wanted in the mountains. The day after I closed on the house, I used my equity to pay off my car, my credit cards, and my student loan with enough left over for a down payment on a new house. I move to the mountains on November 1. I also have a nice little investment nest egg set aside.

I'm beginning this new life completely DEBT FREE! How sweet it is!!!!!!!! All I have to do now is to add to my investments and refrain from acquiring debt in the future. Thanks to slaying the debt dragon, I've been able to plan out a budget that enables me to live well below my means.

Thanks to you all for your support, encouragement, and ideas over the past 2 years. After a lifetime of foolish mistakes, I've finally become a real Fool.

Hang in there folks .. with planning and discipline you, too, can realize the dream.

Warmest regards, redhed
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dzerkle Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47878 of 308688
Subject: Re: Tippy-tap-tappity-tap Date: 10/26/2000 3:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
redhed writes:

I did it!

Let me be the first to say:

Woo hoo!

Congratulations on getting your life in order and getting everything you wanted.

Now remember to hang out here for awhile and regularly offer encouragement to those poor souls still mired in debt.

Author: foilrat Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47890 of 308688
Subject: Re: Tippy-tap-tappity-tap Date: 10/26/2000 4:14 PM
wow.

'nuff said, bub!

david

p.s. That's awesome that you were able to make everything fall into place like that! How does that quote go? "Luck is a combination of skill and hard work?"

Fitting, me thinks.

Congradulations!

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47895 of 308688
Subject: Re: Tippy-tap-tappity-tap Date: 10/26/2000 4:20 PM
WOOHOO REDHED!!!!

I remember when you first started posting, and this big day seemed SO far out in the future!

Well, it's here now, and I couldn't be happier for you!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! :-D

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: foolwizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47905 of 308688
Subject: Re: Tippy-tap-tappity-tap Date: 10/26/2000 4:39 PM
WOW and CONGRATS redhed :)

foolwizard
(sending off the next batch of cheques for the student loan and totally inspired to review THE PLAN again - after, of course, turning on the music to join in the DANCE)

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48191 of 308688
Subject: Re: Tippy-tap-tappity-tap Date: 10/30/2000 3:26 PM
That's great! I'm so happy for you!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement