No. of Recommendations: 2
TMFPixy's article on Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS) is very timely.

I just completed a minor modification to the Retire Early Safe Withdrawal Spreadsheet that allows one to model what could be achieved if TIPS were available for the entire 130 year (1871-2000) data series.

For a 30-Year pay out period, the "100% safe" withdrawal rate increases from 4.34% to 5.21% if you include a "country-sized" helping of TIPS in your retirement portfolio.

You can see the full article at the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/8257/safetips.html

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know if it's just me, but I tried following the link to ..../8257/safetips.html and it seemed to be working just fine at first.... I saw some text and a table with information for a second.... and then it flashed to a screen that said "Whoops... we can't find your page, etc...."

I'm guessing there might be some bad code on that html page, but, again, maybe it's just me.
rhecker writes,

I don't know if it's just me, but I tried following the link to ..../8257/safetips.html and it seemed to be working just fine at first.... I saw some text and a table with information for a second.... and then it flashed to a screen that said "Whoops... we can't find your page, etc...."

I'm guessing there might be some bad code on that html page, but, again, maybe it's just me.

It was working fine this morning using the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser. A few folks have reported problems with Netscape. If you are using IE, then I suspect Geocities is having some server problems.

intercst
It was working fine this morning using the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser. A few folks have reported problems with Netscape. If you are using IE, then I suspect Geocities is having some server problems.

Hi intercst -
It's definitely a problem for those using Netscape. I'm the one who wrote to you about the same problem when your new Millenium version of the safe wrdl calculator came out (and you graciously emailed me the spredsheet) ... this time, when I encountered the same problem with the new page, I bit the bullet and hunted down the copy of Internet Explorer I swore I would never ever use :) and, viola, no problems accessing the page.

I only have this problem with the Geocities pages on your site. I think it has something to do with some javascript in those pages.

Shows how much I admire and appreciate your work, for me to willingly submit to Microsoft's domination to access your pages :>

jobobb
jobobb writes,

Shows how much I admire and appreciate your work, for me to willingly submit to Microsoft's domination to access your pages :>

Thanks for the compliment.

I switched from Netscape to Microsoft Internet Explorer about 15 months ago because of the same page access problems.

Like the Borg say, "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." <grin>

intercst

following up on my own post:
I only have this problem with the Geocities pages on your site. I think it has something to do with some javascript in those pages.

To be more precise, it's not _all_ of the Geocities pages on your site in which I'm having the Netscape-access problem; so far I've only encountered this problem on the "download" page linked from the Millenium wdr calculator main page, and the TIPS withdrawal calculator page for which you posted the URL at the start of this thread.

Sorry for the off-topic postings, folks, I'll stop now :)
jobobb
Advertisement