UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mlb5307 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Tired of being a fool (little f) Date: 3/30/2000 2:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As I near retirement, I find that I have not done an adequate job of educating myself about what my employer could do regarding my retirement account. As of July 31, 2000, my employer is putting all of the funds that I have contributed towards my retirement into a 401a fund with T. Rowe Price. I will still receive a retirement income from my employer based on my employer's contributions, but all of my contributions will be placed in the 401a. I know very little about mutual funds and have no idea what a 401a is. Can someone please explain what a 401a is or where I can find out more information about them?
I have been told that I will be able to distribute my retirement contributions in any of the T. Rowe Price mutual funds. How do I evaluate these different funds to determine what is best for my wife and I? Please help, I have been a fool, but want to become Foolish. Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20792 of 75383
Subject: Re: Tired of being a fool (little f) Date: 3/30/2000 4:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, mlb5307, and welcome. You asked:

<<Can someone please explain what a 401a is or where I can find out more information about them?>>

A similar question was asked a few months back in post 17105 on this board. You can read the responses in this thread for an explanation:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1040013004260000&sort=id

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement