UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886261  
Subject: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 4:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone know where we can find these?

They are small, aspirin-sized antacid tablets that used to be readily available in Hannaford's pharmacy, but no more. Nor does Rite Aid or CVS carry them locally. I looked on line and they said Walgreen's might be a source, but the local one says no dice there, either.

Anyone suggest a source?

We like them better than Tums or Rolaids because they are smaller and easier to chew or swallow.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870834 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Anyone know where we can find these?

They are small, aspirin-sized antacid tablets that used to be readily available in Hannaford's pharmacy, but no more. Nor does Rite Aid or CVS carry them locally. I looked on line and they said Walgreen's might be a source, but the local one says no dice there, either.

Anyone suggest a source?

We like them better than Tums or Rolaids because they are smaller and easier to chew or swallow.

Vermonter

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3D...

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870835 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 5:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
he does not like to shop online...
which is a shame

peace & because, there they are...
t

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870836 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 5:59 PM
Apparently you can also buy them directly from 3M, but again, you have to buy them online.

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Titralac-Antacid-Produ...

Nancy

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870837 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 6:16 PM
I found them on Amazon but they are ridiculously expensive at $45.00 for 100 tabs.
Also found a listing on EBAY for more money. I remember using Titralac
when I was pregnant with my first child nearly 40 years ago.
There's much better stuff on the market today.

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870838 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 6:47 PM
I snooped around--I remember my mother swearing by Titralac back in the late 60s until she died in 1991.

Unfortunately, 3M discontinued manufacturing Titralac Oct. 12, 2012 (or that's when they announced it). People were pretty upset on the 3M facebook site (there is a customer service number there, not sure if that would allow someone to buy the stock from the company).

Since it's not being made, sellers of leftover stock are charging an average of $0.45 a pill. I haven't seen anything under $45 or so for 100.

People writing reviews on Amazon all say it's hard to impossible to find in stores.

Sad...this was good stuff. But it may be that diligent searching can find other fans on message boards discussing what is the closest replacement out there.

cm

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870839 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/23/2013 8:57 PM
Titralac contains calcium carbonate. How about trying Pepcid which
contains calcium carbonate. Worth a shot.

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870842 of 886261
Subject: Re: Titralac Antacid Tabs Date: 1/24/2013 10:48 AM
OMG... from about $5-6 for a bottle of 100 to $.45/tablet? No way.

I guess we'll have to change to something else.

Thanks!

Vermonter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement