UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjbd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 739  
Subject: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 4:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Okay,
so starting recently, when using Netscape, the "Next/Previous" page hyperlinks no longer work.

I had to resort to using "internet Exploder" to see if it was Netscape-specific. Big surprise, it was.

I see your "technology" partners have been "innovating" at TMF again. Is this the way it will be from now on?

Every time you upgrade, the screws are put to Netscape users, why do you insist on forcing Microsofts garbage on your loyal visitors?

Tim
P*ssed off AGAIN in Takoma Park.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mzee20 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 5:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I have found the same thing. I refuse to use Explorer under any circumstances, so until this problem is fixed, my attendance at the Fool will be limited. Please, when designing a Web site, avoid those little "tools" MS includes primarily to exclude other browsers. Some of us are not amused.

MZ

Author: mzee20 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 732 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 5:18 PM
Recommendations: 0
I have found the same thing. I refuse to use Explorer under any circumstances, so until this problem is fixed, my attendance at the Fool will be limited. Please, when designing a Web site, avoid those little "tools" MS includes primarily to exclude other browsers. Some of us are not amused.

MZ

Author: mzee20 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 733 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 5:19 PM
Recommendations: 1
That repititious reply brought to you by the innovators at M$.

MZ

Author: DataWrangler Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 734 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 6:07 PM
Okay,
so starting recently, when using Netscape, the "Next/Previous" page hyperlinks no longer work.
I had to resort to using "internet Exploder" to see if it was Netscape-specific. Big surprise, it was.
I see your "technology" partners have been "innovating" at TMF again. Is this the way it will be from now on?
Every time you upgrade, the screws are put to Netscape users, why do you insist on forcing Microsofts garbage on your loyal visitors?
Tim
P*ssed off AGAIN in Takoma Park.

Not just Netscape ... on Mac IE5 the "Prev" button is GONE on the main board site page with "Style sheets" turned on - turn style sheets off and it seems to fix it in Mac IE5 ... haven't looked in NS.

Author: jobobb One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 735 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 6:21 PM

see

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13356098
and the associated thread.

Author: TMFJeb One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 736 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 6:59 PM
Okay,

Tim,

This bug had nothing to do with an anti-Netscape bias, and everything to do with the errant addition of a conflicting class name to our global stylesheets. The offending CSS has been removed, and the problem should be fixed. Sorry for the trouble.

Fool on!
TMFJeb
Production/Design

Author: tjbd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 737 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 9:05 PM

Tim,

This bug had nothing to do with an anti-Netscape bias, and everything to do with the errant addition of a conflicting
class name to our global stylesheets. The offending CSS has been removed, and the problem should be fixed. Sorry for
the trouble.

Fool on!
TMFJeb
Production/Design

Thanks Jeb

That's what I like, results!

Tim

(Does this mean that there ISN'T an anti-anything-that-isn't-Microsoft cabal at TMF?)

Author: gammil Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 738 of 739
Subject: Re: TMF scr**s Netscape users AGAIN! Date: 9/23/2000 10:49 PM
Not just Netscape ... on Mac IE5 the "Prev" button is GONE on the main board site page with "Style sheets" turned on - turn style sheets off and it seems to fix it in Mac IE5

DW
Few days ago, late night I was having problems navigating tmf and finally gave up. Since then, using ie5 I noted the "Prev" button gone. I finally installed ie5 again and still had the problem. I switched from 72 to 96 dpi resolution in the preference menu and the "prev" has again appeared.
Still I have the feel something is not right.
gammil

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement