UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MDCigan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11007  
Subject: TMF to charge - Please read and respond Date: 1/28/2002 11:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
Well guys, it looks like we are going to have to pay to post and read messages.

I've come to a point in my investing/trading career where (at the risk of sounding arrogant) I don't have much to gain from participating here. There are very few people on these discussion boards who I can actually learn something from or benefit from.

But there a few, and I would like to know (if you guys don't mind) what your plans are.

The only value I derive from TMF is the Options board and the Berkshire board (where some serious heavy duty analysis goes on opposed to the fluff elsewhere).

I want to personally thank Al, aka ttm. Your sardonic wit and west coast expressions are awesome, you've been a source of learning and entertainment over the past 2 years. BTW, I still like CCs in certain circumstances :). I want to thank Zman49. Your analysis is always excellent, very rational, objective, and insightful, and your knowledge of tax issues beyond compare. I want to thank PeterEidson. Your knowledge and willingness to teach advanced trading strategies and show examples of real trades has been excellent. I want to thank impliedvolatilty. Bill, your postings led us to multiple conversations which I cannot even describe how much I learned. You are simply brilliant. A little overly bearish and pessimistic at times :), but I like that. It's needed. I'd also like to thank Grahamified. You didn't post alot, but the few you did are absolute gems. I'm sure I may have missed a guy or two, and I apologize.

Bottom line, you guys are the reason I'm still here participating, reading, posting. I've literally got a binder of your posts printed out, and that binder is just as valuable as any option book out there.

Anyhow, are you guys sticking around or are you outta here? Maybe its time to migrate to the Yahoo options board (but d*mn is it cluttered over there).

Thanks again.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Deflationary Cycle Explained
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement