Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ibbieta Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36122  
Subject: Re: Drought Date: 7/8/2003 9:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
TMFBogey writes:
Am I the only one lamenting the drought in PC gaming? Heck, I'm back to playing RtCW again. This may be the first year in memory where I only buy 1 game, Half Life 2. I'll make it 2 games if Max Payne comes out, but this is brutal.

I was just think about complaining about having too many PC games to play.

Currently I'm working my way through Morrowind with the Bloodmoon expansion. I figure that should hold me for the next month or so. Then there is Warcraft 3's expansion pack waiting for me. I still have not completed GTA 3: Vice City and I want to play that for a while longer. I've just "finished" Rise of Nations by completing the World Map but I still might play some quick games.

I will be borrowing Blood Rayne from a friend as well as the expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights. By the time I finish with all of that I hope to be playing Half Life 2 and then Doom 3.

Now, there is not much originality in that list filled with sequels, expansion packs, and console ports. But there is a lot of good solid gaming on the PC to be had. Besides, no one ever looks forward to original, groundbreaking games. Those kinds of games show up at random and out of nowhere.

I almost forgot about going back into multiplayer action with America's Army after the next patch is released (with anti-cheat measures). At work, some co-workers are playing Tiger Woods Golf but I tried that game and it pissed me off so I don't join them. They think it is good enough because they continue to play even though I don't think they have managed 9 holes without the game disconnecting at least one player.

There are so many good games to play that I'm almost sad that it is summer.
--ibbieta
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TV Gaming Help?
Try the Help With This Home Theater board, and problem solved.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement