UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: fpuhan Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2201  
Subject: TMI Date: 12/27/2013 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Greetings everyone, and best wishes for a Happy New Year!

I joined TMF in 1999, when I was issued some stock options by the company I worked for at the time. Unfortunately, I have not kept up with the site, and now that I'm older and have more "disposable" money to my name, I wish to become a Foolish investor.

That said, I have an account at an online brokerage and have been growing my portfolio. I currently have 11 stocks that I own (the last four directly as a result of TMF recommendations). The value, including cash, of my brokerage account is just under $20K. About $3,000 of that is cash that I'm willing to invest.

Now, I'm probably going to get flamed for this, so I've donned my fireproof underwear:

I now find TMF to be TOO RICH in information! As a result, I don't always (read: almost never) know where to go when I have a question. I'm a paid subscriber to the SA and the Fool Options. However, once I start reading an article or try to do some research, I'm sidetracked and then lose my way.

Certain terms that are bandied about confuse me no end. What's a "diagonal roll?" What are "puts" and "calls" and when are they best employed? Where does one go to learn this stuff?

Now that I have some expendable cash (and the retirement clock is ticking), where can I get the best information to interact and learn stuff on my terms, at my speed?

Thanks for bearing with me.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement