Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BigBoy123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: To all Retired Fools Date: 12/27/1999 9:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've just discovered this board and have been reviewing many posts since I am retired and the different scenarios are something that can be used to learn. I have no specific question at this time, just wanted to say hello and I will be lurking and reading. If I have any answer, I look forward to sharing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
BB
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DockRat Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1127 of 19222
Subject: Re: To all Retired Fools Date: 12/27/1999 1:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm getting ready to take the ret. plunge. Did you finance yours with a retirement plan or proceeds from a 401k and ira's like me. Curious about how folks are determining how and when

Author: Chipsboss Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1130 of 19222
Subject: Re: To all Retired Fools Date: 12/27/1999 1:43 PM
for DockRat,

More or less forced into an early retirement at age 53 over 6 years ago. I rolled over the company 401k into my IRA which made it a little bigger than my taxable account. These investments together had been earning more than my job paid, so it wasn't TOO much of a struggle to give up the pay checks. A meager retirement kicked in when I turned 55 and I expect to start my social security at age 62. Most of my retirement money is in Vanguard S&P 500 and, of course, has done just fine. I've been much happier since I quite trying to beat the market.

I'll certainly welcome you to retirement! Have you planned what you'll do, where you'll live, and so on?

Chipsboss

Author: DockRat Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1202 of 19222
Subject: Re: To all Retired Fools Date: 12/30/1999 8:55 AM
Thanks for the reply. Im 58 and plan on doing"IT" at 60.
I've had Janus 20 for 8 years since it was $22 a share. It's over 80 now plus my company 401k. Biggest expense I see is health insurande after Cobra runs out. We've got a little place on Pine Island, FL waiting for us. About 5 minutes to the ICW through the mangroves. Can't wait. Happy holidays

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement