Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
To andi123

The IRS matches up the 1099's sent to them by the
paying agent (bank stating interest on the CD) The
1099 will go to the person owning the CD ie: your daughter. Best thing to do is to reimburse her for the
tax she has to pay on the interest earned. It is a
small amount - take her out to lunch!!! PS A gift, Inheritance and anything you own before marriage is
considered separate property, and thus it is from your
Father to you.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.